Pages

22 August 2012

The Unplug for Love Campaign





This has been weighing on me for some time. I am spending way too much time not being fully present with the beautiful world that is unfolding right in front of me. By being plugged in, I'm missing out on what really matters. Most of us are guilty. Look around next time you're waiting in line at a coffee shop or at your child's sporting event. The majority of those around have their head buried in their phone. Not only are we missing out on a valuable opportunity to get to know a stranger, we're missing out on being present with our own thoughts. We're missing out on all the stuff that's most important. 

I challenge you to 'Unplug for Love' starting today. Pick your own length of time. Perhaps this will merely be a starting point and gradually we can shave more and more time off being on our phones and being with our loved ones. Now I realize posting your progress online seems counterintuitive but I think we could all benefit from motivating each other and reading the change taking place in others. Spread the word! Urge others to unplug and let's see the change in ourselves and our families.   If you're on Instagram and/or Twitter, use the hashtag #unplugforlove. 

Stay tuned for more! I hope this is just the beginning. 

5 comments:

Type-A(shley) said...

I couldn't agree more! Thanks for sharing, Aedriel:)

Heather said...

Yes!!! I do agree with you! I'm in! Love this "movement"!!!

Aedriel said...

I'm so glad to hear it Heather and Ashley!! Stay tuned for more. ;)

KathrynHawkinsPhotography said...

Love this! Been working on this myself- checking the phone almost becomes a habit. Enjoying letting go and spending more time with my baby girl- giving her my FULL attention!

beth said...

Hi!! Getting ready to start September fresh with this...hoping to have a blog post in a few days :)