Pages

21 February 2013

Flawless Skin and Makeup Tricks! {Part One}



This is my daily routine. Well, not daily, but most days.  The majority of the makeup products I use are of the drug-store variety (though I do love me some MAC lips.) I firmly believe in spending more on my skin and less on my makeup. The truth is, if you take care of your skin, you shouldn't need a ton of makeup. I start with the L'Oreal Magic Lumi primer around my eyes, and above my cheekbones, and brow bones. Using Sonia Kashuk's foundation brush, I lightly swirl it in Covergirl's Simply Ageless concealer. I apply it around my eyes and apply any excess around my nose where I get a little red. Using the same brush, or a wet quality makeup sponge that I remove excess water with a washcloth, I add just a touch of Sonia Kushak's Perfecting Luminous Foundation on my 'trouble spots'.  I finish it off with just a touch of L'Oreal's Translucide Loose Powder and viola! I am ready to for the next step: eyes, lips and cheeks. Stay tuned for that post! 




These are steps I take when I have a little extra time or want a little extra glam, like date night with my hubby!

2 comments:

Margaret Birch said...

I'm getting married and on a new budget.. my 50 dollar Estee Lauder foundation may have to go for a while.. going to check some of these out! :) Thanks!

Aedriel said...

You are so welcome, Margaret! I used to use Estee Lauder foundation too but I truly think there are great drugstore products available now.