Pages

28 March 2013

Caramel Pudding With Salted Caramel Sauce


(Click the recipe to print in a new window)



My bestie and I had a fabulous outing (without children!!!) at California Pizza Kitchen the other day where we joked about leaving the kids with the nanny (I'm kidding when I say "nanny"...it goes with the story) every day this summer so we can relax on various patios having wine and cheese at noon while she flirts with the waiters (she's single) and I take pictures of everything. While we were enjoying our faux-luxurious life we decided the Salted Caramel Pudding was just the ending we needed. It comes in this nifty little jar which was cute, but made it more difficult to get my tongue in the bottom to get every last lick. Not kidding. Feeling fancy is hard to do when you look like you might never get dessert again. This dessert is the perfect marriage of sweet and salty. Really. You must try it. 

I scoured the web until I found what is close to CPK but think making the caramel sauce from scratch is a bit much. Also, I had no idea "Budino" is a fancy word for "Pudding". Impress your friends with that one. 

(Recipe is adapted from Bon Appetit and photo credits from Bon Appetit blog. )

No comments: